03 Aug We’re hiring! Brave New Workshop seeks Marketing Manager!
— Thanks for your interest, this position has been filled! —
Brave New Workshop Entertainment Company Marketing Manager
The Marketing Manager for the Brave New Workshop Entertainment Company is responsible for developing and increasing public awareness of the Brave New Workshop among potential guests, fans, and followers, and ensuring that each performance is well promoted in order to achieve ticket sales goals. This person will develop strategies that result in increased attendance at and engagement with BNW shows, and will drive tactical execution of: marketing, promotions, media relations, social media, database management, sales and audience development – either directly, or by leveraging and managing BNW team members, partnerships, and vendor relationships.
The Marketing Manager reports to the Entertainment Company Managing Director, and Brave New Workshop Entertainment Company President.
I. Direction of Marketing and Sales Efforts for Theatre Tickets
• The Marketing Manager must ensure audiences are attending shows at the BNW. The Marketing Manager will develop campaigns to boost sales and get ‘butts in seats;’ and will mobilize our box office to execute sales and monitor numbers for each performance.
• Manage and track all offers, promotions, and ticket sales strategies using various methods (coupons, contests, specialty events, third-party discount web sites, etc.)
• Serve as primary point of contact for our PR consultants, to ensure BNW shows receive maximum media exposure. This includes writing or co-writing press releases and promotional copy as needed. Marketing Manager ensures BNW is included in all free print and web listings.
• Assist with planning and execution of BNW special programs and events. Examples might include opening night event, industry nights, and other events designed to build audience relationships and increase ticket sales.
II. Build Overall Awareness and Grow Our Relationship with Patrons
• The Marketing Manager will oversee management of patron and data lists in our online ticketing system (SeatAdvisor), Constant Contact email system, Salesforce (cloud-based CRM software) and MADE database management tool. Marketing Manager will work with box office staff to create and maintain clean lists, and develop tactics to increase patron email collection.
• Develop and implement strategies to grow our relationship with our patrons, through email communications, social media, loyalty programs, partnership strategies, and the like.
• Direct staff, cast and social media contributors to build a growing online and social media presence and make best use of our unique content creation abilities.
• Manage and execute any paid and trade advertising campaigns for the BNW.
• Ensure all messaging and communication is on-brand and coordinates with other BNW products/efforts. Cooperate with other BNW departments to maximize cross promotion between product lines/audiences. (Examples include promotion of shows to BNW Student Union improv students and ETC Event Rental attendees.) Marketing Manager directs promotion of BNW Theatre at all other BNW-related events (internal and external).
• Track all sales and promotions data to ensure theatre campaigns are meeting set goals and to assess campaign effectiveness.
III. Manage Creative Campaign/Show Publicity Materials
• The Marketing Manager will lead the creation of each show’s “creative marketing concept.” This includes sourcing/coordinating with vendors to execute photo shoot, graphic design, printing, distribution.
• Organize distribution of all print/campaign materials via various methods (delivery, email, direct mail, etc) as well as through events and partnerships.
• 2 – 5 years minimum marketing experience with a proven track record in marketing/sales campaign management.
• College degree required – in marketing or related field preferred.
• Strategic thinker – must have an energetic curiosity and ability to assimilate information into plans and campaigns.
• Tactical execution skills – ability to take a plan and put it into action; willingness to “get your hands dirty” working for a small, entrepreneurial organization.
• Great communicator, both written and verbal, with ability to develop and express our organization’s “voice” and brand characteristics through various public communications platforms.
• Outgoing, driven and passionate. Good time and project management skills, attention to detail and ability to work independently. Desire to work in a dynamic, creative, hard-working, “yes-and” environment, with a personal drive for achievement and world-class results.
• Strong sense of personal accountability for your work, and a stand-up attitude to admit when you have goofed up.
• Confident manager of projects, partnerships and people.
• Interest in and appreciation for a bold theatre with a rich history and unique business model.
• Computer/Technology: Outstanding computer skills required. Microsoft Office (including Word, PowerPoint and Excel), comfortable working with databases, and overall comfort with technology. You must be extremely social media literate and web savvy. Experience with WordPress, Constant Contact, Salesforce, Photoshop, InDesign very helpful.
• Excellent writing and proofreading skills, and an eye for graphics. Please submit campaign related writing sample and design process sample with your application.
• Sense of humor. This is not a “politically correct” work environment.
• Three months trial period. We are a small team and cultural fit is a must – we would like to give you and our team a chance to work together for three months to ensure it’s a good fit for both you and us.
• Very personable environment and highly supportive co-workers (our turnover rate is incredibly low! People stay here for years and years.)
• Flexible “take what you need” vacation policy.
• Culture of high level of ownership for work and personal responsibility for quality. Lots of opportunity for hands-on growth and experience.
• Highly visible brand and well-respected in community.
• Highly creative work environment and fun, fun co-workers and atmosphere.
• Small, rapidly growing company with incredible growth opportunities, both for the company and for you individually.
• Excellent medical and dental benefits.
• Company commitment to global net positive impact; we believe in the power of what we do and strive to manage our business in a sustainable and respectful way.
ABOUT THE BNW
The BNW has been performing original satirical sketch comedy and improvisation since 1958, longer than any other theatre in the U.S. Founded by the legendary Dudley Riggs, we have staged more than 289 original productions and exposed more than 3 million brave individuals to the theatre’s unapologetic and unwavering brand of comedy and improvisation. Along with presenting theatrical performances, the BNW Entertainment Company also provides event services and venue rentals. In addition, the BNW’s Creative Outreach division offers keynote speaking and training for Fortune 500 companies like Microsoft, Hilton/Hampton, General Mills, and Target. The BNW’s school, the Student Union, boasts the most comprehensive improv training curriculum in the country. The BNW has a unique business model; the company operates as a self-funding arts organization and is leading the industry in sustainability and green theatre efforts.
Full time position (with benefits after trial period). Position open immediately. Marketing Manager will supervise outsource vendors, some part-time/hourly staff and/or interns. Work schedule will be flexible – typically weekdays during normal business hours; occasional nights and weekends for special events will be required; along with some monitoring of social media and other communications platforms during shows and events. Primary work location – downtown Minneapolis at 824 Hennepin, and 727 Hennepin. More info: www.BraveNewWorkshop.com
Send RESUME, LETTER and SAMPLES via email or mail (no calls please) to:
Erin Farmer, BNW, 824 Hennepin Ave, Mpls, MN 55403 / email@example.com