09 Sep Now Hiring – Marketing Manager
The Brave New Workshop has been crafting audacious, hilarious, and thought-provoking original comedy, improv and satire in Minneapolis since 1958 – longer than any other theatre in the U.S. Founded by the legendary Dudley Riggs, the Brave New Workshop is a truly unique place to laugh, learn, think, and play. Our Creative Outreach division provides speaking, training, custom entertainment, and emcee services for Fortune 500 companies such as Hilton Worldwide, Microsoft, General Mills, and Target.
We’re looking for a strong, capable team player who will live and play by our values and is motivated by business development and ticket sales. You will collaborate closely with a fun, engaged, passionate team that has been working together closely for a long time. You will need to have creativity, positivity, and openness to on-the-job training. We passionately believe in our mission: to fill the world with transformative laughter and activate people to spend more time in their very best mindset.
Creative Outreach 50% (Keynotes, Speaking, Training, Emcee Services)
- Develop sales and marketing materials that support business development efforts. Update and leverage our tools including website, survey monkey, LinkedIN, salesforce.com.
- Manage content including video and written content. Work with team to develop and capture new content.
- Develop & execute campaigns aimed at target audiences as directed; create proposals, respond to some business inquiries (pending experience).
- Additional projects as assigned.
Theater – 50% (Nation’s oldest satirical comedy theater, improvisation, rentals and special events)
- Proactively support weekly, quarterly and annual ticket sales to hit goals.
- Create and maintain social media content including paid and organic. Provide insights and recommendations using available data sources.
- Oversee/direct project work for the box office staff and ticketing manager to support sales goals.
- Maintain and deliver on marketing calendar & budget for new productions (3-4x per year) including overseeing photo shoot, cast, and creative deliverables.
- Additional projects as assigned
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 1-3 years on the job marketing experience
- College degree preferred in marketing, business, or related field
- Strong sense of personal accountability and motivation for generating leads & selling tickets. Data and numbers driven with the ability to turn insight into action.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with confidence and maturity to communicate professionally with senior level executives from fortune 200 companies.
- Promotional and content copywriting skills
- Solid time and project management capability
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Ability to collaborate with different personalities while also thinking and working independently
- Experience with and/or demonstrated track record in learning new digital marketing tools (LinkedIN, FB Ads Manager, Google Adwords, WordPress, Salesforce.com, etc)
- Must be able to work some evenings, with staff and directly with patrons, for opening nights and other special events (approximately 8x per year)
- Sense of humor and commitment to living our values is non negotiable
- We value authentic individual expression and diverse points of view: we listen without premature judgment.
- Fun and humor are part of everything we do: we take the work and our customers seriously, but not ourselves.
- We dream big and use imagination: we innovate to create unique versions of reality.
- “No jerks allowed:” we declare and stand up to bullies, narcissists, and demagogues.
- We are comfortable being uncomfortable for the purposes of service and learning: we do the right thing even when it is hard.
- Promiscuous Hostility/Positive Neutrality: we challenge the status quo.
- We assume there is always a solution: we work confidently towards finding it.
- We honor and respect collaboration: we are supportive, positive, and kind team players.
- We seek to bring joy: we smile, connect and find the yes in ourselves and others.
- We want the work to be the best it can be: we work hard and we are personally invested.
- We do what we say and strive to go above and beyond: we own our individual contributions.
- Our first lens is the one of humble service: we constantly ask ‘who can we help?’
- We know that without our customers the organization goes away: we are generous and over the top in spoiling our customers.
- We take hospitality seriously every single time: we welcome and engage warmly.
- We value the legacy and history of the BNW as a gift: we look for opportunities to show our pride in the institution.
- We are intuitive, flexible and nimble: we are not frightened by change.
- We are gritty, resourceful and resilient: we get s@*t done.
- We begin.
How To Apply:
Send RESUME & COVER LETTER via email to email@example.com . No Calls Please. We are committed to hiring the best of the best, so we keep all positions open until filled; however, first-round review will occur on September 18th. POC strongly encouraged to apply. Brave New Workshop is proud to offer employee perks including generous comp tix and vacation policies, and a progressive understanding of flexible /remote work schedules.