30 Sep Now Hiring – Director of Theatre Operations
BRAVE NEW WORKSHOP SUMMARY:
The Brave New Workshop (BNW) is best known as the nation’s longest running satirical comedy theatre and one of Minnesota’s longest running entertainment organizations. Founded in 1958 by Dudley Riggs, the BNW is not only known for hilarious original comedy productions at its home on Hennepin Avenue, but also has a national presence for delivering world class innovative training and keynote products, as well as life changing education programs. For more than 60 years the BNW has inspired humans to spend more time in their best mindset through the power of transformative laughter.
POSITION TITLE AND SUMMARY:
DIRECTOR OF THEATRE OPERATIONS, BRAVE NEW WORKSHOP
The Brave New Workshop is on a quest for an Operations Rockstar to deliver seamless, hospitable and world class operations for all performances, special events, and day-to-day building and operational functions. This is a full-time, salaried position, with responsibilities falling in the categories of hospitality, operations, people management, facilities management, vendor relations and administration. You will collaborate closely with a fun, engaged, passionate leadership team that has been working together for a long time. You will need to have creativity, positivity, and openness to on-the-job training. We passionately believe in our mission: to fill the world with transformative laughter and activate people to spend more time in their very best mindset.
• Responsible for maintaining high quality standards of operation and execution for all programming, events, products and services; Ensure and inspire world class customer care and an exceptional entertainment experience for our guests.
• Oversee hiring, training, managing, and recognition of operational staff and volunteers
– and build and maintain a unique staff culture that supports the values of the Brave New Workshop.
• Oversee theatre and bar operations. Increase bar per cap through innovation in logistics, selection, inventory management, and staff engagement.
• Implement and manage training, staff policies, cultural expectations, and culture building.
• Power User and Overseer of critical administrative systems and tools (Square, Patron Manager, email, phone system, internet, G-suite account)
• Management and implementation of operational/facilities systems company wide
(HVAC, alarm systems, access system, building maintenance and repairs, waste removal, inspections)
• Negotiation, management and maintenance of vendor relationships for food and beverage, facilities maintenance, equipment, inventory and supply needs
• Manage external vendors and partnerships related to facility rentals, special events and other.
• Participate in company-wide strategic planning and decision making as needed.
• Provide sound financial strategy and fiscal management related to operations and administration of the theatre – innovate and manage responsible financial systems for supporting the sustainability of the Brave New Workshop.
• Bachelor’s degree and 4 years minimum experience in operations management or related supervisory/administrative role. Hospitality, restaurant, or entertainment experience preferred.
• Proven leadership ability, with previous experience managing staff, budgets, and/or physical plants/IT systems required.
• Exceptional time and project management skills, process-oriented with high-level of attention to detail and commitment to quality work.
• Outstandingly clear, positive, and proactive communicator – ability to keep management in the loop about changes and improvements; able to keep staff engaged, coached, and highly accountable to upholding guest service.
• Flexible and capable of adapting to changing priorities, conditions, and situations.
• Desire to work in a dynamic, hard-working, “yes-and” environment, with a personal drive for achievement and world-class results.
• Commitment to upholding and embracing our BNW Values is a must: Creative (we value authenticity, imagination and expression), Brave (we are comfortable being uncomfortable for the purpose of serving others), Yes And (our first lens is of humble service, we seek to bring joy to all who enter our doors), Accountable (we are personally invested, we work hard and strive to go above and beyond), Gratitude (we are generous in caring for our customers and know that without them the BNW does not exist, we are caretakers of the institutional legacy), Jump In! (we are intuitive, flexible, gritty and resourceful)
BNW BENEFITS AND CULTURE
• Generous comp tickets and vacation policies.
• Benefits offered include Health, Dental and Life Insurances and company 401K plan.
• Culture of high accountability and personal responsibility for quality and experience.
• Highly visible, fun, and well-respected brand.
• Creative & fun work environment, passionate co-workers, unique theatre atmosphere.
• Convenient downtown location on Hennepin Avenue, in the heart of the Twin Cities entertainment district.
ABOUT THE BRAVE NEW WORKSHOP
The Brave New Workshop (BNW) is the longest running satirical comedy theatre in the United States and one of Minnesota’s leading creative and comedic performance and training institutions. Founded by the legendary Dudley Riggs in 1958, the BNW has staged more than 285 original productions and exposed more than 3 million brave souls to the theatre’s unapologetic and unwavering brand of comedy and improvisation. After operating out of a storefront space in Uptown Minneapolis since 1965, the BNW bought and remodeled a multi-level building in the downtown Minneapolis theatre district in 2011. While the BNW’s comedy theatre is the historic heart of the organization, the BNW brand also includes the BNW Student Union (school of improvisation – one of the largest on the planet – now located in its beautiful new five-story space across the street at 727 Hennepin) and a thriving Creative Outreach division that delivers keynote speaking and training to the most successful companies on the planet. The 824 Hennepin Avenue building, with legendary theatre upstairs, is also home of the BNW ETC (Experimental Thinking Centre) on the main floor, which hosts rentals and events.
Full time position. Primary work location – Brave New Workshop Theatre, 824 Hennepin Ave in downtown Minneapolis. Work schedule approximately 50% evenings to oversee part time staff and directly impact guest experience (more time in evenings from Thanksgiving – New Years) and 50% daytime hours for operational duties.
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION
Send RESUME, COVER LETTER, SALARY REQUIREMENTS, and 3 REFERENCES via email to: email@example.com
No Calls Please.
Applications accepted through October 1st 2019 .